August 7, 2018 4:19 pm
How do I find my dream home?
With the introduction of online property portals such as Rightmove & Zoopla, it has never been easier to search your dream home.
With such a large selection of websites available to search for properties, it can take to look through them all. The best way to make your search quicker is to figure out exactly what kind of property you are looking for. This way you can filter down your search to get a more suitable list of properties.
The three key things components you will need to think about before you start your property search are;
- Price - How much can you realistically, and comfortably, be able to afford to pay on bills/mortgage?
- Location - Where do you want to live? Close to friends & family?
- Size - Detached/Semi/Terraced? How many bedrooms?
Your property checklist
Before you start trawling through property websites to find your new home, it is important to figure out what you are looking for.
Have you considered;
- Transport links - Are there any transport links you need to be close to?
- Commute - How far are you willing to commute to work?
- Travel - How far will you need to travel to see friends or/and family?
- Likes - What are the aspects of where you currently love that you want to keep near to you?
- Dislikes - What do you dislike about the area you are currently living in and want to avoid?
- Must Haves - What things about your home can you not live without? (e.g. garage, ensuite)
- Amenities - What local amenities will you need close by?
- Time - How long are you hoping to stay in your new home for?
- Hobbies - Do you participate in any local clubs that you need to stay close to?
Starting your property search
Once you have a clear idea in your head on exactly what you want, now it's time to start searching for your dream property. Property portals such as Rightmove & Zoopla are a great place to start. They gather all of the local property listings from various estate agents and show them all in one place.
Alternatively, if you know of any local estate agents in the area you are looking in, you can also search on their websites for the properties they currently have on the market. You can view our properties on our properties page.
Categorised in: Hints & Tips
This post was written by millermetcalfe